The Bakersfield National Cemetery which hosts an annual public event of placement of flags at grave sites, will not be doing that this year, because of CDC guidelines and the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Bakersfield National Cemetery is located at 30338 E Bear Mountain Blvd, Arvin, CA 93203. The site will host a small observance that won’t be open to the public. Good news is the event will be photographed and posted on the National Cemetery’s Administration’s website, Facebook and Twitter.
Visitors can visit any other day, says the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs and are encouraged to do so.
Here are the Guidelines
- abide by all federal, state and local guidelines of social distancing.
- use face masks
- QR codes on signs throughout the cemetery will help link the visitors to the site.
- be aware that the cemetery is limiting staff contact with visitors, may not be able to assist in locating grave sites.
- grave site kiosk will be non-operational.
- mobile grave locator will be provided by National Command Authority.
- recommended visits for Friday, Saturday or Sunday to avoid possible crowds.