If you started a new job this year and still feel like you’re learning the ropes, don’t worry. A poll found it takes the average person over 18 months to feel like they’re truly thriving in a new job.
The average answer was 1 year and 7 months. So if you started a new job TODAY, you wouldn’t feel like you were thriving until July of 2024. According to the poll, here are the top signs you ARE thriving at your job . . .
1. You know how to find the resources you need each day, and can help other people with it. That’s a long way of saying you know what you’re doing.
2. You’ve built strong relationships with coworkers.
3. You don’t need to ask a lot of questions day-to-day.
4. You can get through most days without asking for help.
5. You’re able to help explain things to colleagues.
6. You’re not thrown off when something small goes wrong.
7. You feel confident in your day-to-day tasks.
8. You’re able to step in and assist where needed.